Pinecrest Clubhouse Fire Averted
by Bobby Blair 3/31/13
After visiting relatives for Easter on Sunday afternoon, Golf Course Advisory Chairman Deb Moore swung by the Pinecrest Golf Club to see if her son John needed a ride home. The younger Moore works in the clubhouse kitchen part time.
Pulling up around 3 p.m. to the rear of the building Deb Moore thought she noticed steam rising from the bark mulched area close to the building. Upon further investigation Moore noticed flames a foot high in four different places close to the exterior of the building.
Alerting the two cleanup workers in the kitchen, Moore pulled the fire alarm and grabbed a fire extinguisher. Moore also notified her husband John (the family lives just a short distance away on Mill Street) and proceeded with John to put the fire out.
What Moore couldn't understand is why the fire department didn't respond. A call was placed to the department and Chief Cassidy did respond, but it appears that the fire alarms at the clubhouse have never been hooked up. Careless disposal of a cigarette is believed to be the culprit according to Moore. When questioned by the HollistonReporter.com as to who actually put out the fire (Moore's husband John is a retired Framingham firefighter) Deb responded "we both did". And that's why some marriages last longer than others.
Posted in Police/Fire.