1. Holliston Delegates to Attend Convention
-Democrats in Holliston caucused March 11 to elect delegates to the 2017 Massachusetts Democratic Convention in Worcester.
2. Holliston School Committee News
3. Selectmen Meet in Record Time
4. What can I do?
It is a great question to hear: “What can I do?” The answer to that question and many others is now just a click away with the new Holliston Volunteer Resource Book. This book is the product of the 2017 Volunteer Summit.
5. Ban pot sales in Holliston? Rezone downtown? Spend $60,000,000????
6. Town Receives 50k Traffic Lights Grant
7. Holliston Democrats to Co-host Forum
The Holliston Democratic Town Committee is one of 7 area committees co-hosting the Metrowest Immigration Forum: A Call to Action.
8. New Beginnings
In the past, America has had a history of welcoming new immigrants, but it has also turned many away. History has been the judge of this mistake.
9. Holliston Democrats Elect Convention Delegates, Officers
10. Holliston in Bloom Earth Day cleanup
11. Town Election Candidates
Nomination papers have been submitted for the 12 open positions to be chosen by resident voters at the Town election on May 23, 2017. Be prepared to cast votes.
12. Public Hearing on Downtown Corridor Continued
April 6, 2017. The Planning Board assembeled to hear additional comments before finalizing the plan that will propose zoning change to six distinct areas in the Downtown Corridor to Town Meeting in May.
13. Public Hearing on Downtown Corridor Held
April 6, 2017. Comments from Town Planner added.
14. Caboose May Grace Blair Square
15. Selectmen Meet March 29, 2017
Status of the Flagg and Andrews Schools, Houghton's Pond Dam, the 8 Arch Bridge, affordable housing and a replacement for the Police Chief highlight this week's Selectmen's meeting.
16. CPC Meets Again to Review Projects for Town Meeting
Three requests for funds from the Community Preservation Act are under review by the Community Preservation Committee.
17. 8 Arch Bridge Committee Finalizes Construction Plan
At its March 21, 2017 meeting, the committee completed its plans to stabilize the bridge and make it safe for use as part of the rail trail.
18. Earth Hour
Earth Hour is March 25th- One Hour, a World of Importance 1 hour, 1 day is all it takes to stand with millions of fellow Americans and show support for the Earth while also raising awareness of the devastating impact of Climate Change.
19. Leary Steps Down as Chairman of Board of Selectmen
20. ACA repeal and the impact on Massachusetts
As many are aware, efforts are underway in Congress to repeal the Affordable Care Act (also known as the “ACA”).